The Academic Senate is composed of:
- Two faculty elected from each college
- For colleges with 100 or more full time faculty, three faculty elected from each college
- Two faculty elected from Academic Affairs
- Three faculty elected from faculty at large,
- Elected officers of the Academic Senate,
- An elected representative member of the Associated Student
- Professors emeriti, members of the Chancellor’s Cabinet, adjunct professors and visiting professors, lecturers, and volunteer faculty members shall have voice, but can not serve as elected members of the senate.
- Faculty representatives may be immediately re-elected for a second term. At the end of two consecutive full terms, a representative shall wait at least one year before becoming eligible for election again to the Academic Senate.