Duties of the Campus Assembly: Article One
- Develop guidelines and regulations for
- campus affairs,
- quality of campus life,
- enhance environment of academic excellence.
- Promote Understanding, collaboration, community
- Provide a representative Forum and recommendations to the Chancellor and President
Specific Duties of the Senate: Article Four
- The Academic Senate shall have the authority to make recommendations to the Provost on any matter of faculty affairs or campus-wide concern, including such matters as research facilitation, education, faculty appointment, promotion, tenure, dismissal, and non-reappointment as well as safety, security, salary and compensation, fringe benefits, work schedules, work conditions, job evaluations, grievances, and appeals and broad academic policies and programs at UAMS.
Duties of the Senate
- Not the primary body within Colleges which retain rights on curricula, programs and requirements
- Is for Intercollege and Intercampus programs
- Guarantee the purpose of Article I
- Additional direction from the Chancellor
- Tasking the elected Senate Representatives from each College to be the primary conduit of information to and from Faculty and Administration.